HFTP Holds Another Successful Annual Convention Defined by Quality Education and Networking
Event held at the Omni Louisville Hotel from October 24–26 in Louisville, Kentucky USA
Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®) members and hospitality industry professionals came together for education and networking at the HFTP Annual Convention last week. This year's convention was held from October 24-26, 2018 at the Omni Louisville Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky USA.
"The Annual Convention is an example of what HFTP does best, relevant knowledge sharing by its network of hospitality finance and technology professionals," said HFTP CEO Frank Wolfe, CAE. "This year captured that formula exceptionally, with an interesting program that brought attendees up-to-date on a variety of topics and exhibitors that demonstrated useful services and products."
The event's education schedule offered attendees the opportunity to choose from 42 sessions on trending industry topics including: the evolving club, disaster planning and recovery, leadership, e-commerce, club accounting, ransomware, data security, hotel and club ethics, internal controls, and more. In traditional HFTP fashion, the Annual Convention featured two keynotes and a general session, attendee networking, and the Annual HFTP business meeting. In addition, 25 exhibitors with industry-related products and services were available to speak with the professionals in attendance.
In conjunction with the convention, HFTP held its fourth-annual HFTP Helps program raising over $12,000 that week. Money raised will be donated to Louisville-area NAF programs, a national network of education, business and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career and future ready. Funds were raised through an online auction which offered a variety of items such as hotel stays and golf games. Also, an evening event hosted by the HFTP Greater Louisville Chapter brought in additional funds, with a portion of the entrance fee directed to HFTP Helps.
Annual Convention also represents a time for HFTP to recognize outstanding achievement from individuals and HFTP chapters that embody the success of the association. Below were this year's industry-leading award recipients that were selected by a council of industry colleagues and peers.
- 2018 CHTP of the Year: Sean Van Dyke, CHTP, IT manager at the St Julien Hotel and Spa
- 2018 CHAE of the Year: Elijah Spiritoso, CHAE, controller at Frog Commissary
- 2018 Paragon Award: Anna McFarland, CFE, CHAE, CHTP, CPA, finance consultant with Global Hospitality Consulting
- 2018 Technology Hall of Fame: Tammy Farley, co-founder and president of The Rainmaker Group; Jing Zhu, founder and chairperson of the China Hospitality Technology Alliance (CHTA)
- 2018 President's Award: Christopher Begley, CHTP, IT manager at Hotel Nikko San Francisco
- 2018 HFTP Chapters of the Year: HFTP Monterey Chapter (Tier A: 1-35 members); HFTP Florida Manasota Chapter (Tier B: 36-70 members); HFTP Mid-Florida Chapter (Tier C: 71+ members)
- 2018 HFTP Student Chapter of the Year: HFTP San Jose State University Student Chapter
The association's new 2018-2019 HFTP Global Board were installed during the event's HFTP Annual Tribute to Success evening, and Scot Campbell, CHTP assumed his role as the new HFTP Global President. Pictures from the event are now available in an online gallery.
Dates are already set for the next two Annual Conventions: in 2019 it is slated for October 23-25 at the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando, Florida USA; and in 2020 it is slated for October 14-16 at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis.Events & ConferencesGlobal